Sunday, June 15, 2008

We are homeowners

We closed on Thursday and started working on the house Friday afternoon. We would have started earlier, but of course there were still issues with recording the deed so it wasn't officially ours until Friday around noon. Friday we were able to take some trim down (which we hope to save) and Greg took down the plaster in the library.

Saturday my parents and Greg's dad came up to help, we did a lot more then I was expecting. My mom and I cleaned up the hedges in the front of the house, my dad cut down most of the trees in the yard, Greg and his dad cleaned up the plaster in the library and brought it to the dumpster, we fixed a leaky pipe and stacked most of the trim in the basement and cleaned up some of the trash people had been dumping in our yard. A few neighbors stopped by and they were all very friendly and happy to see our house was getting some attention. Today we are going to continue with the removal of trim, plaster and lath.

We forgot the camera the last couple days, but today I will get some action shots.

No comments: