Thursday, April 3, 2008

Time

More waiting for financing. It is going to be like this for the next 42 days until we close on the house. I wish we could go over there and just start working. There is a forest growing all around the house and by the time we move in, it will all be full of leaves and I am going to feel bad cutting down trees. Right now I can rationalize it because they are just branches. Other random things I wish I could be doing include washing the floors and hanging curtains. I figure we need to put up curtains because we won't be living in the place for 6 weeks while we do plumbing, heating and hot water, and I don't want people looking in the windows scoping out our tools.

I've been reading a bunch of house blogs to see what we can expect and it looks like it's going to take ten times longer then we think it will, it will cost more, and we might even end up hating the house by the time we are done. Hopefully the dog won't.

No comments: